Sunday, October 11, 2009

I KNOW

I had the awesome chance to go to Time Out For Women this past weekend. I LOVED it and think that ya'll need to make plans to attend next year...YES, it was that awesome!
The theme was "SWEET ASSURANCE...the certainty that comes when you know life's truths."
One of the things they had us do was right down what I know for sure, no matter what.
Here is my list (just in the order that I thought of them, not really of importance to me)

I KNOW...
1. I love Flint
2. I love Cooper and Arlee
3. miracles happen to ordinary people
4. Jesus lives
5. the Gospel is important to me
6. the Holy Ghost comforts
7. laughter heals
8. service makes me happy
9. hugs make me feel better
10. the Savior makes hard things bearable
11. I am a child of God
12. Heavenly Father loves my kids as much as I do
13. exercise makes me feel happy
14. Families are forever
15. the Lord has a plan for me
16. chocolate desserts make me happy
17. a clean home gives me peace
18. giving is better then receiving
19. I am blessed
20. I am loved

I would encourage you to grab a pencil and set your timer for 5 or 6 minutes and write down what you KNOW for sure, no matter what. This list has really made me think about who I am and what I am...something to really think about! It is my new favorite thing I have right now...yes, a list!
Re-reading this list makes me laugh and want to cry all at the same time. Its kinda funny that I actually wrote that chocolate make me happy, but I do really know that it does! Another one of my favorites is that miracles happen to ordinary people. I know that my two kids are truly miracles, no denying it!
At TOFW another favorite was listening to Kenneth Cope sing. He is an awesome performer. I have always loved his music and was very excited when I found out that he was going to be there. I also loved John Bytheway, I have been reading his books since I was a teenager. One of the things that he talked about was the word DELIGHTFUL. He asked us to ask ourselves "What is it like to be married to me?" He said we need to "Choose to be delightful." It is such a funny word to me, but it is my word right now...
I could go on and on...It was simply an amazing conference!
Well Cooper is out of school for the WHOLE next week (for FALL BREAK...who ever heard of that??? Where was that when I was in school??) so we are loading up the RV and are headed to the mountains for one last hurrah of the year. (personally I would rather stay home and get some things done around the house) but Flint and Cooper are so excited to go...so I am choosing to be DELIGHTFUL...so off we go! Don't worry I bought a few good books at the conference so I am well armed with something to do! Nature here we come!

3 comments:

Ammie said...

That sounds wonderful and delightful! I wish I could have gone. I'll have to make sure to go next year.
Once at education week at BYU. The speaker had us do the same thing. Write what we know. It was really good to "know"

Chris and Suzette said...

I LOVE your List!!! I am totally going to try it! I fear though that my list will not be so uplifting, inspiring, and spiritual as yours. If it's not, I'm trashing mine and taking yours :)

Garet and Amanda said...

How neat! Maybe someday I'll go to one. I have heard they are awesome. That is so exciting that you are coming this weekend. When will you be down? I will be here all weekend, adn will be going to the shower. Can't wait to see you. love you!