Wednesday, October 21, 2009

What's for dinner?

Some of my friends have asked me to post some of my Weight Watcher recipes, so here is what's for dinner tonight at our house! I am so happy it is finally soup weather! (it's really not, it is gonna be in the 80's today, but I am gonna pretend!)

This is a recipe I have had for a long time, I just lightened it up! Some of you have probably had this at my house, it is one of my "pantry stand bys"

Chicken Tortilla Soup

Taco seasoning packet (0r 2 TBS Costco Taco seasoning)
1 1/2 cups water
1 can tomato sauce
1 can 98% fat free Cream of Chicken Soup
1 cup fat free milk
2 large chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)
2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can corn, 1 can Rotel or (1 can diced green chili and 1 can diced tomatoes)

In crock pot, mix the taco seasoning with the water and the tomato sauce. Add cream of chicken soup and milk. Add in whole chicken breasts. On top of the breasts dump black beans, corn and Rotel. Don't stir!
Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 (check your chicken after a few hours...my crock pot cook HOT)
Shred chicken (you can pull it out, then dump back in, but I just do it in the crock pot).

Top with fat free sour cream, shredded cheese (if I use cheese I use 2%), diced avocado, a squeeze of lime over the top is also yummy!
Flint eats this with tortilla chips and if I want some I use baked Tostidos!
YUMMY! YUMMY!

If any of you have some yummy recipes that are WW friendly, I am ALWAYS looking for some new ones, please share! I believe that the way to stay eating healthy is to have some options!

UPDATE!!!!
I just shredded my chicken and made a few adjustments... I added another can of black beans (so a total of 2 cans and added 1 1/2 cups of wheat berry's ( if you want to know how to do wheat berry's I can tell you) I usually make a batch of the berry's in the crock pot so I have them ready to add to things! YUMMY!

2 comments:

Mary Anne said...

Yummy! I love all your WW ideas. I don't know how many people now know about that caramel apple salad thing with the butterscotch pudding, pineapple, apples, and whipped cream because I just couldn't help but make it or talk about it. I'm telling you Jan, it's ALWAYS a hit!! I really want to try this one too. You're the best!

Chris and Suzette said...

Sounds soo yummy and lucky for us it IS soup weather here :)