Saturday, November 21, 2009

I'm in LOVE!

I FINALLY got my wheat grinder! I LOVE it! I got it a few days ago and have been wanting to make bread since. I am so happy to be able to grind my OWN wheat. What good is a million pounds of wheat without an ELECTRIC grinder! (we have a hand one, but lets be real, it would take about a month to grind enough wheat for a batch of bread...not to mention the arm pain!) I am so excited. I love how it worked, so easy, and not a lot of parts like some that I have seen.
Cooper was so excited to help me. He even said "Mom, take a picture of me with our new wheat flour" He did decide that he did not like how the plain flour tasted!
Arlee was at my feet wanting to help also! (please excuse her hair...it was a Saturday morning for goodness sakes!)
It was Coopers job to pour in the wheat to be ground. He didn't like the sound that it made while it was grinding that is why he is making such a funny face!
AHHHHH the finished product!!!! YUMMY, and so good for you! I got this awesome recipe from a friend and tweaked it a little bit, so it is a little better for ya!!! It has wheat flour, flax seed, and oatmeal in it...with a little bit of wheat germ. ewwww! It doesn't sound very good, but it is so delicious! I will post the recipe if ya want!
Can you tell that Flint has worked all day today?
I have been so productive. It is busy wedding season, so I must entertain myself...so I made these!
The finished product!
And yes, I climbed up on a bar stool and put these blocks up there all by myself!!!

Had to try something NEW! I had this amazing salad at my nephews wedding luncheon and I LOVED it, so I begged for the recipe! I have been waiting for the perfect time to make it...
I had BUNKO at my house last week and tried it out on the "girls" Most really liked it, but some are picky butts and didn't even try it! Flint told me it is "a Relief Society salad if he has ever seen one!" I will definitely make this again. (sorry for no finished salad picture, I forgot!)
The BIG UGLY thing in the bottom left corner is JICAMA. I have NEVER had it before. It was crunchy and yummy!

Here is the recipe!
JICAMA SALAD
1 large jicama, pealed and diced
4 large diced Roma tomatoes
4 Avocados diced
1 bunch green onions diced
1 bunch cilantro chopped
4-5 fresh green chili diced (I used a can of diced green chili's)
4-5 chopped garlic buttons (used garlic in jar already diced)
Dressing
1/4 C rice vinegar
1/2 C Canola oil
1 tbs chicken bouillon
juice of 1 lime
salt and pepper
pour over veggies and give it a good stir. It was SUPER YUMMY after it had marinated about an hour! It is a good recipe for my weight watcher pals...it is basically CORE! gotta love that.
It is a strange recipe (at least to me it was) but give it a try and try something NEW!

4 comments:

Chris and Suzette said...

What a productive morning you've had!! I don't know what I'd do without my wheat grinder. The family blocks turned out really nice!

We really need to live closer! Oh, the fun we'd have!

Michelle Ashton said...

I love my wheat grinder! Our's hooks onto my kitchen aide or to the counter for hand cranking. We make cracked wheat cereal all the time. Soooo good! Not to mention the yummy bread we get with it. :)

Michelle Ashton said...

Oh and PLEASE post the recipe!! :)

Kacey's View said...

"you know what's next... hair on your chest." haha Those family blocks turned out sooo cute. You inspire me Jan.