Thursday, July 2, 2009

Spontaneous little vacation

Have you ever just wanted to get away??? I did last Thursday!!!
So last Thursday after swim lessons, Flint and I were sitting on the back porch watching Cooper and his friend Caleb swim and I told Flint..."lets go somewhere!" I thought that maybe it would be fun to go to Prescott and stay in a hotel and while we were there we could check out places to take our trailer and just hang out. Flint says "Ya we can do that or we can drive a few more hours and go to San Diego!" I told him to find us a nice hotel for a good price and I'm in! This was about 12:30. We were packed and in the car on our way by 2:30! (not bad considering we had to feed Arlee, eat lunch, pack, take Caleb home, and find a hotel)
We had SOOO much fun. We got there Thursday about 8:30pm and just hung out in the hotel. We woke up Friday and decided to go to Sea World. It was a ton of fun. Cooper LOVED it! He was so excited to see all the "sea creatures" he loved Ship Wreck Rapids (where you get wet riding these big tire looking things) but when it came to riding the roller coaster he had a love/hate relationship with it. He didn't like the dark, or the unknown, but when he could see what was gonna happen, he LOVED it! I rode it with him and decided that it hurt my incisions (from my gall bladder surgery 2 weeks prior) to much to ride it again! I have to admit I guess I'm just not as much of an adrenaline junkie as I used to be. I think that next time I will stick to riding the tea cups with him! We stayed there ALL DAY and saw the night shows. They were AWESOME. I absolutely LOVED Cirque de la Mer. It is the show that is done down on the bay/ocean. It was amazing to watch these guys perform. We also the LOVED Ignight. It is the nighttime dolphin show. It was spectacular! Arlee held so still watching it. I was so surprised!
We got back to our hotel about 10pm and crashed! The next day we went to Children's Beach (we call it seal beach, because there are most always seals on the beach). We played there for a couple of hours. Cooper was nervous about the ocean, as the day before he had seen all the creatures that lived in the ocean and was a little worried that they might get him. After a few minutes he decided that he LOVED it and had a great time playing in the ocean and in the sand. Arlee got to hang out in her stroller the whole time, cuz I didn't want her to get sunburned! We headed home about 4pm. It was a great little trip...we decided it was a little too short, we needed one more day!
HERE ARE A FEW PICTURES--
Me with the kids
Flint with the kids...
Flint and Cooper on Ship Wreck Rapids

Us at a show

Cooper feeding a seal some fish...the white bird is trying to get the fish 1st!!

Cute Arlee bug in her big hat!
I LOVE this picture of Cooper at Seal beach in La Jolla
Arlee at the beach..she woke up from a nap on the beach!
Flint buried Cooper in the sand

Playing in the ocean
We LOVE San Diego...

6 comments:

Chris and Suzette said...

How FUN are you guys! Your kids are soo dang adorable!! That trip looks great and the beach is BEAUTIFUL! I'm pretty jealous :)

I can't wit till I can take our kids to Sea World one day. They will LOVE it too.

Spencer and Marlee said...

HOW FUN!!! I love quick fun trips like that!! You have such a cute family!!

Ammie said...

That is awesome! I love San Diego! The kids are so adorable! It looks like you had such a great time. What a fun getaway.

Unknown said...

I would love to take little trips like that!! How FUN!

Kara said...

I laughed so hard when I got your text that you guys were on your way there. Seriousy, you guys are so freakin cool! Glad you had a fun trip!

Mary Anne said...

you guys are too much fun! what a blast. i think i always associate san diego with you guys for some strange reason :) and you're looking great jan. that arlee girl is too cute for her own good!