Monday, November 24, 2008

I have the best calling!!!

I love my calling as Mia Maids advisor! We have the best YW in our ward. They are always so much fun to be around.
I must say, I was a little disappointed ( a lot disappointed) when a year ago I got this calling, because I have had it before and DIDN'T like it at all. These girls make it so fun.

Last week for our activity we decided to watch a church movie and have s'mores in our backyard. We watched "The Award" It was so funny to me to watch this movie that was obviously made in the 80's. The girls laughed and laughed at their hair and clothes. I was like...wow am I ever OLD. This is how I used to dress in High School.
I cant believe I am closer to 40 then 30!!! Strange I don't feel this old (most days).

Here are some pics of the girls. We have 20 Mia Maids, but it was band concert practice night, so we only had about 10 girls. You can tell Cooper loves it when they come over. He thinks its a party for HIM.




Thanks Flint for putting up the screen and all the equipment for the movie and for your fire skills. The girls had a great time! AND no one junped in the pool!
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!
We are going to Thatcher for 2 days to have Thanksgiving with the Rogers at Isaac and Jenny's house. (Flint's brother) Cooper is excited to play with his cousins. We get the best of both worlds going to Thatcher, because we get to stay with my sister and see Flint's family too. We are sad we don't get to stay for the weekend, as Flint has weddings on Friday and Saturday...its okay, I gotta finish my shopping on Friday! I had a goal to have Christmas shopping done by Thanksgiving, but it didn't happen.





3 comments:

The Gardners said...

Jan, I can't wait to see you at your shower. Are you really going to have a baby girl soon? Crazy!!

Mary Anne said...

FUN! you guys are the coolest, and i'm sure the girls feel every it as lucky as you to have you as their adviser! i miss you guys and MUST see you over Christmas. MUST.

Mary Anne said...

and don't worry Jan, when YOU wore those clothes back then, you made it look GOOD. real good.