Sunday, October 5, 2008

It's about time...

Okay, so it has been awhile since I have last blogged. So I will play catch-up.
Cooper started pre-school at the elementary school. He goes three days a week and loves it. I love it! He thinks all the kids are great and wishes that it lasted longer. I am so amazed at what he has learned. He can write his name...I didn't say perfectly...(I'm afraid he has handwriting like Flint's) He can spell several colors and can tell you the 'Little Jack Horner sat in the corner...'nursery rhyme. He LOVES to color. This is so amazing to us, because last school year he hated crafts and coloring at pre-school. Now He will sit and color for a long time. He is almost a coloring freak. Here are some pictures of him on the 1st day of pre-school.

Why does he ALWAYS have to make weird faces when I try to take a picture?

Last Sunday was our Primary Program. We taught Cooper his part and he was all prepped and ready to say it...Well they put his class on little chairs up on the stand (in front of the permanent chairs) Just perfect to hang over the edge of the stand. Which he did when he wasn't standing ON his chair waving to us in the audience. I was mortified that it was my kid standing up there on his chair waving, mouthing HI MOM, HI DAD!!! I wanted to die! He did this many times during the longest hour of sacrament meeting of my life!!! I realized that the reason that he kept getting up on his chair was because he couldn't see us very good if he was sitting in his chair, lesson for me...sit where your child can see you or he WILL stand on his chair and embarrass you!!! He was so wiggly up there I wanted to DIE. He is my good little boy Right? So anyway he says his part, but before he says it he covers his eyes so he couldn't see the audience and says loudly into the microphone "Keep Still" the audience all laughs because the kid that keeps standing on his chair has the part...keep still. I told our Primary Pres. that shes not funny giving Cooper that part. I think she was hoping that maybe he would sit still! Didn't work!!!

Oh the best part...after his class finished their parts Cooper once again gets up on his chair and looks right at us and gives us two thumbs up! I ducked down I was so mad at his at this point I seriously wanted to cry.

We had a lesson on how we act in church last Sunday night.

Okay enough of the Cooper antics.


We are starting to get one of the extra bedrooms ready for our baby girl... I am so excited. I didn't realize there were so many choices. For Cooper (boys) we had three choices...sports, bugs or trucks...for girls, wow I was so overwhelmed with all the choices.
I didn't want to be limited to just pink or just pink and another color, so I found the bed skit and was a little worried that I would be stuck with pink and green, then I found this curtain and decided that it would be perfect. I love yellow and was so glad that I would work it in...so here is a picture of Flint painting her room.

Here it is with the curtain and boarder up. (the coloring is more accurate on the 1st picture, but not really the true color either...I'm too lazy to fix the coloring...


We still have to finish the baseboards and the crown molding and of course accessorize it..

I'm so glad to have this project mostly done...Flint started his super busy wedding season from October to January and I wanted to have this done before I had to do it by myself, because I'm not good at this painting, nailing stuff...THANKS FLINT for all you have done, you are the bestest!!!I love you!

6 comments:

Kara said...

Oh my word, have you ever read the Calvin and Hobbs comics? Hilarious, and so Cooper in those pictures and in church! I love it! Your little girls room is coming along quite nice, can't wait to see it on tues (remember?)! :)

Michelle Woodland said...

I am so glad you remembered my blog address. I just had to laugh at the story about Cooper. Remember these are times you are going to wish you had back. :) Just think of the stories you will be able to tell HIS kids someday.
What a cute room. I love the colors, I picked the same for Olivia.

Unknown said...

Cooper is hilarious. I can't wait to see what Jarred does. Our program is in 2 weeks and he does like to have an audience. He cracks everyone up at church as it is with his funny faces. Wish me luck. We still need to get the 2 boys together. Let me know what works for you. I love the color of the baby's room. Green is my favorite color and it looks so cute with pink. Tell Flint he did a great job.

Mary Anne said...

oh my gosh, Cooper is pretty much everything I ever dreamed he would be! hilarious, just like his Mom! he is so handsome, and I can't believe how grown up he is. And can I just tell you how much I LOVE the girl's room?? oh my goodness it is perfect! We did a green in Sadie's room and it turned out weird. I hate it and wanted to paint over it, but that's not happening any time soon! Flint did an awesome job.

so Brittney is home and I wasn't sure if I should but I called her on Friday just to say a quick hello. I didn't know when her flight got in, so I was half expecting to leave a message (which I did), and now every time my phone rings I get butterflies in my stomach thinking it might be her! that's so lame! she hasn't called yet...but I really want to talk to her!

Haymore Family said...

i love the room, you did such a good job, or flint did such a good job and you did good telling him what to do! i love it!

Unknown said...

Cooper is so cute! I would love to have seen it. Your girls room looks great! I will be in Mesa for a couple of weekends this month. I will try to give you a call!