Sunday, August 24, 2008

Youth Conference

On Friday I left to go to our ward youth conference. We had it at Camp Lo Mia. (our girls camp in Pine) It was an awesome experience. I really didn't want to go. I had a long list of reasons why I shouldn't be going (distance to the closest bathroom in the middle of the night being my greatest fear!), but I knew I needed to go so I went...I'm so glad I did. These kids in our ward are stinkin amazing.
The theme was 'A Sure Foundation' and we used Helaman 5:12 as the scripture. We even memorized it to a song! Wish you all could hear me sing it!!! ( We also learned to Salsa dance so I will be sing and dancing in no time!!!) I sing as well as I dance!
Our keynote speaker was my brother in-law Tracy's cousin that is an institute instructor and a speaker for EFY. He was super. One thing that he talked on is how the Lord works miracles in our lives. He taught us that miracles happen everyday and we don't ever notice them or thank Heavenly Father for them. I never really thought that a miracle can be as simple as a change of heart to something that can be physically seen... I really appreciated it because I feel like us having a baby is a miracle!!!

Another one of my FAVORITE things from conference was this little movie that was shown in one of the mini-classes. I really, really liked it, so here is a link to the movie (it's only about 2 minutes long) It is called 'The Dash' you should watch it, it really made me think about what is really important in life... http://www.thedashmovie.com/ tell me what you think of it!

Here is a group picture (some of the cars had already left so some of the kids are missing) We had about 100 14-18 year old boys and girls there!!!) Can you say hormones!!

These are some of my Mia Maids...nice skunk hair Kimee!
By the way, now that we know we are having a girl, we need some name ideas, so lets hear them!!! Just don't give me names that you want to use if you are in my family...or I just might want to steal it!!!

4 comments:

Michelle Woodland said...

I figured she would be called Velma or Daffney!! :)

Haymore Family said...

that was an awesome little video! i totally loved it! it looks like you had fun at the conference!

And im so excited that you are having a girl! you should name her Olga, or helga or maybe shaniqua! but those are all names that i really love so i guess i can give up one of them!

Our Famdango said...

I vote for Shaboomboom or Alexys!! Either would be awesome!!!

The Gardners said...

I can't believe it! A girl! It only makes sense that Cooper Hot Dog Rogers has a sister named Vienna Sausage Rogers, right? What a great video. It really makes you think. Thanks for sharing!