Sunday, February 1, 2009

Life is good

We survived the 1st week! Arlee is now 10 days old! It has gone by so fast.
I think that I have spent all 10 days feeding her! She is a good eater...it took US a few days to get the hang of it, but we seem to have it figured out... for the most part! Thanks to all who have given advise and especially to my friend Gena Johnson (Staples) who gave me the best bucket of essentials ever! I love that my Mom got to come and help us out for several days. She was a ton of help and we loved having her here with us. We wish she could come back!
Cooper is the best big brother. He has done so well with Arlee. The other day I was changing laundry and he came and hugged my leg and said "thanks mom for going to the hospital and bring Princess Arlee home with you." I had to choke back the tears. He loves to hold her...especially if someone else is holding her. Everyday when he comes home from preschool he shows Arlee his homework and tells her about school. He has showed her all his toys too.
We have been so blessed. Arlee is an easy good baby and Cooper is a super brother!
Here are a few pictures of our 1st week.

Click to play Arlee week 1
Create your own <span class=slideshow - Powered by Smilebox" src="http://www.smilebox.com/globalImages/blogInstructions/blogLogoSmileboxSmall.gif" width=386>
Make a Smilebox slideshow

6 comments:

Michelle Woodland said...

I loved the pictures. How great that your mom got to come up. It is always nice to have an extra set of hands. And way cool that you still see Gena!! I love the picture of Arlee and Flint too, way cute. I am glad you are all settling in so well, and you look great!!

Chris and Suzette said...

Bradyn and I LOVED sitting and watching these soo cute pictures. My favorites were the "telling Arlee about primary" and Flint and Arlee together. Thanks for the update! Your family is darling. Glad to hear the feeding is going well. I never thought it would be as challenging as it really is, but It's so worth every minute of getting to sit and hold your sweet baby several times as day . . . and night :)

Mary Anne said...

oh that post and those pictures made me cry! jan i am just in love with your little family. i can't believe the great big brother cooper is...well i mean i CAN believe it, i just can't believe how grown up he is. the pictures are the most beautiful i've ever seen! naturally. i am so happy that everything (especially nursing) is coming along well. and it really does only get easier...like it will be no big deal soon! and you look so great! i wish so badly i could be there...

Kara said...

I am so glad to hear that everything is going good for you guys! And seriously, could Coooper be a cuter big brother?! So darling! Arlee is just such a little doll also! I can't wait to meet her!!!

Anonymous said...

she is adorable and jan - you look great! i'm glad the nursing thing is going good, tackling the eating part takes a lot of stress off of you and the baby! can't wait to see her.

Michelle Ashton said...

Jan!!! I found your blog through Suzette's. It has been so long! How are ya? I hope you don't mind that I added you to my blog list. You have a beautiful family and you look great!