Wednesday, September 1, 2010

BINGHAM JACK ROGERS

So...here's a little story...
since Arlee was so difficult to deliver...at 41 weeks, Dr. Huish decided to induce me the day before my due date. I had to go to the hospital at 3pm. Talk about a long day. It seemed like 3 would never get here! FINALLY it did! My sister Charlene and my niece Brittney watched Cooper and Arlee when we went. I'm so LUCKY to have such a GREAT family!
This is a picture of me a few minutes before we went to the hospital!
I had to make a face at Flint while he was taking the picture!
We got to the hospital and they started the pitocin at about 5:30 pm. I was dilated to a 2.
They kept increasing and increasing the pitocin and not much was happening. So finally at 3 in the morning on Friday Dr. Huish came in and broke my water. I was ONLY dilated to a 3! I was so frustrated! I wanted to have had this baby already! It was only a matter of like 15 minutes and I was wanting the oh so lovely EPIDURAL! And they could not give it to me fast enough! I was hating the pain! (I know I'm a wimp so stop laughing at me!) So at 4am I was dilated to a wopin 4! I was so mad! I told Flint " forget this, we are gonna be here FOREVER! I went to sleep...at 5 am 2 nurses came in and woke me up to tell me that they kept losing his heart rate on the monitor, so they wanted to put one on his head, I was like whatever and kinda dozed back off to sleep...then I hear all this commotion going on and I open my eyes and see like 6 people all doing stuff in my room. I panicked and asked the nurse if everything was okay. She goes "yes, you are going to have your baby, are you ready to push?" and then the Dr. walked in. I look over and Flint is asleep on the couch about 4 feet way from me. They put oxygen on me...I pulled the mask off and was like--hey someone wake him up! It was hee-haw funny Flint jumps up and comes to my side all disorientated and his hair was going everywhere I laughed right out loud at him! Dr. Huish said push and about 3 pushes later Bingham was born...the nurses came in at 5am and he was born at 5:25! I went from a 4 to a 10 in one hour and slept through it all! My kind of labor!!!
Bingham was born August 5, 2010 at 5:25 am.
He weighed 8 lbs and was 21" long. A HUGE baby if you ask me!
Our new family picture! Bingham is about 6 hours old!
Big brother and Big sister checking out their new brother!
This picture was taken on Friday August 6th, the day we came home from the hospital.
The grey tubing coming from Bingham is a bili-light. He was a little jaundice so he had to wear the bili-light until Monday.

Arlee holding Bingham. These two are so excited to have a baby to hold!

5 comments:

TJ and Jen Sherwood said...

yay for Bingham! You need to bring him by soon so we can his beautiful face!!

Meredith Bleak said...

This is the best story. You'll have to tell him every year on his birthday so he never forgets!

Mel said...

Such an adorable family. So happy for you!

Chris and Suzette said...

Jan - Love the dark hair on you! You like AMAZING as a soon-to-not-be-pregnant mommy :)

He is beautiful! I just love when babies have older siblings that love to hold them and explore them :)
CONGRATULATIONS!!

Becky said...

Awww, what a great story. Tell it to Bingham often, because those are some great memories. Congrats! :0)