Monday, April 20, 2009

Sierra Vista...

Okay...so my niece Brittney, me and my kids (Flint had a wedding so he came on Sunday am) all head off to Sierra Vista on Saturday afternoon for a SHORT 3 hour drive to S.V. NO...it was more like a 5 1/2 hour crawl!!! We sat on I-10 for about 1 1/2 hours, with a 5 yr. old and a 2 1/2 mo old...not good! about 45 minutes into the stand still Cooper says " Are we there yet? I have to go POOP!" Brittney and I look at each other and bust out laughing. We were stuck and it didn't look like we were gong anywhere anytime soon. I tell him he has to hold it. He proceeds to tell me that he couldn't and gives us a description of how his bum and tummy were feeling. ( I will spare you all his details) Brittney and I were trying so had not to laugh. And then he says "this traffic is RE-DON-CU-LUS" (his version of the word ridiculous) Brittney was laughing so hard she was crying! So after our 1 1/2 hour delay we take the 1st exit and of course Cooper COULD NT GO!!! Poor kid. He ended up waiting until we got to grandma's house. He was such a good kid, when he could have made our traffic jam a huge nightmare! Arlee started to scream, but stopped as soon as I fed her and then she slept the rest of the way. My kids are the BEST!!!

Thanks Brittney for the ride to S.V. It was so fun to be with you! Glad we could provide you with a few laughs...

We went to the big S.V. because Sunday was my parents last Sunday before they leave to go on their mission. They leave on Tuesday to go to work in the Nauvoo Temple. I am so excited for them, but am so sad cuz I'm gonna miss 'em. We have been so spoiled to have them come work here in the Mesa Temple for one week a month for the past 12 years! Cooper is going to really miss them. He loves to go to "Grandpa's Temple House"
We had a big lunch after church with my family. Of course the food was excellent...and I will NEVER admit how many cookies I ate on Sunday...lets just say all my WW points are GONE!!!

It was so much fun to see everyone and to chat. I love my family!
Here is a picture of the motley crew...(why didn't someone tell me to sit up straight????)



4 comments:

Chris and Suzette said...

That really is so sad that your parents are leaving, but soo exciting for them! This is such a BEAUTIFUL time of the year to be heading this direction! I love them picture of them :) Their time will be done before you know it.

Michelle Woodland said...

My kids say REDONCULUS too. As a matter of fact my husband does, they got it off "Bolt". That is so exciting for your parents. They are going to love it. Thanks for the info on the prints.

Spencer and Marlee said...

Oh.. tear tear! I am so sad I missed it!! Looks like fun! Grandma and Grandpa told us all about it. Spencer and I ate lunch with them yesterday to make up for missing this weekend. Sorry to hear about the nasty traffic!

Kara said...

Such a bummer about the traffic jam, but that's so awesome that your kids were so good for it. It was fun seeing you guys!